Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wilco (The Album)


Now streaming at: http://beta.wilcoworld.net/records/thealbum/index.php

I am a huge fan of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Wasn't as big a fan of their last two records, and though this one is pretty good, it isn't blowing me away yet (though I'm only about halfway through the stream). There is a Feist duet that really shines. I still like the Jay Bennett era Wilco better than this more jammy, noisy version of the band. Wilco (the Album) is due for release on June 30.

Big thumbs up, by the way, on the album art work. Oh, you thought that was a Dromedary camel? Idi-oat. That's a Bactrian camel.

2 comments:

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I beg to differ with the author of the camel article. I've seen pictures of camels with more than two humps. The name of the book escapes me, but it was written by a doctor. Seuss, I think, was the name.

Emily Frame said...

and the winner is... you!
thanks for inspiring me.

http://emilyframe.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog.html