Wednesday, July 26, 2006

iPod Squad Part 1, 0:00-0:59

One thing I love to do with my iTunes/iPod is filter and sort its contents in various ways to create playlists. For instance, I'll create a group of songs with “California” in the title, or everything that came out in the year 1972, or songs I haven’t listened to in six months. Because iPods are so slick and clever, and because the likelihood of me getting a “Celebrity Playlist” is somewhat low, I am going to use mine to deliver to you all, my faithful readership (ignore the curious lack of comments in previous posts), with a 10 part series highlighting my favorite fifteen songs that fall within certain lengths of time.

This first playlist consists of the extra shorties. Click on the name of the linked songs to sample them.

1. The Beatles: Her Majesty
2. Coldplay: Parachutes
3. The Boy Least Likely To: Warm Panda Cola
4. Half-Handed Cloud – Tongues That Possess the Earth Instead
5. Jenny Lewis – Happy (reprise)
6. Gladys Knight and the Pips – Over My Head
7. Animal Collective – College
8. Brian Wilson – Barnyard
9. Sufjan Stevens – In This Temple, as in the Hearts of Man for Whom He Saved the Earth
10. The Polyphonic Spree – The Crush
11. Pearl Jam – Wasted (reprise)
12. Pete Yorn – Intro
13. John Lennon – Woman Is the Nigger of the World
14. My Bloody Valentine: Touched
15. Devendra Banhart: Dragonflies

No comments: